My Photo
Name:
Location: Moorcroft, WY, United States

We are a couple gals who like to spend time together, and what better place to do that than in the kitchen? Of course, if you already know us you know the other answer is on a horse. So that is what we do.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Yummy Fall Cake

A simple and tasty dessert is always welcome in my home, so I thought I would pass this along.

Zucchini Cake

2 C Sugar
4 Eggs
1/2 C Oil
2 tsp Cinnamon (I like to use some Chai spice too~ its a great addition to most autumn recipe's!)
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 1/2 C Flour
2 C Grated Zucchini

Beat first eight ingredients together well. Add flour and zucchini slowly.
Bake in 9x13 greased pan at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

I like cream cheese frosting on almost everything, and this is no exception. A very rough guesstimate as to the recipe I use for the frosting goes a bit like this~

8 oz Cream Cheese- softened
3/4 lb Powered Sugar (you can use more or less depending on the consistency you like)
1/4 C Butter
1-2 Tbs Milk

Mix well, and don't follow the rule about letting your cake cool before you frost it~ this one is delicious when the frosting melts a bit on it!
Another option is to add about 2/3 Cup Cocoa powder, and/or chocolate chips/walnuts.

I've made a slightly healthier version of this quite often too, and it is very yummy as well. Rather than white flour I use whole wheat, so long as you can find a fine grind(it gets a very gritty texture if it is coarse) and splenda rather than sugar. Grape seed oil is a good substitute for vegetable oil too, although a bit more expensive. So far I haven't found a decent substitute for the eggs, but if anyone has suggestions as to how to alter this I would be more than happy to try it and let you know how it turned out!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a "Willow House' peeler in her hand?

September 30, 2010 at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home